Optimum Patient Care offers a fantastic opportunity to develop a career in the health service and research sector.
You quickly discover that the company’s unofficial motto of ‘Make it Happen’ is not a marketing ploy.
Please see the available positions below.
Medical Data Scientist
Does supporting world-class research and improving lives of patients excite you? Our dynamic and internationally recognised research company Optimum Patient Care, (OPC) is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic member to join our data team. The role can be based in one of our Singapore, Cambridge, or Brisbane offices. For experienced individuals, remote working may also be considered. In this role you will be working alongside our research, statistical and database teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within an internationally recognised research organisation involved in the analysis and dissemination of data from large-scale observational studies and pragmatic randomised controlled trials.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in health research data, have a high attention to detail, a proactive approach and strong time management skills.
- Provide support on database querying, population, and reporting, using structured query language (SQL)
- Statistical analysis using R
- Generate data releases following study protocol requirements and service reports (Jupyter notebooks, RMarkdown)
- Improve the interpretation of medical free text with Natural Language Processing skills
- Advise internal team members and external clients on study database(s) content
- Engage in building and maintaining data dictionaries and system technical documentation
- Undertake quality checks to assure high standards of data and code
- Contribute to data analyses as required for research projects
- Maintain compliance with information governance and company policies
MSc preferred, with strong technical or scientific component (e.g. Computer Science, Math, Statistics). BSc or equivalent will be considered for candidates with additional relevant experience.
- A minimum of five years’ relevant experience (minimum of three years if applicant holds a relevant post-graduate qualification)
- Expertise in Structured Query Language (SQL) and database processing (ETL, stored procedures, large datasets)
- Experience in at least one of the following statistical packages: R (preferred), Python (data science toolkits, particularly Pandas, ggplot, Scikit Learn, Tensorflow, Keras), or Stata
- Experience working with relational databases (such as SQL Server), clinical or medical research, working with big data
- Statistical background (models, correlations, hypothesis), and database administration tools (migration, DB administration)
- Experience of working with real-life clinical databases /EMRs /registry data
- Strong in data analysis, interpretation, and visualization
- Natural Language Processing and use of regular expressions in R or Python, particularly in text-mining software (e.g. Python’s spaCy)
- Automating generation of regular reports, through R Markdown, Jupyter notebooks, or another report-generation software
- Data dictionaries and advanced documentation systems
Contract and Salary
Part-time and full-time roles are considered.
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and your experience.
Immediate start is available.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you.
We are currently seeking candidates to fill a Medical Scientist role.
You will have the scope and capability to contribute to the development of our organisation’s medical quality improvement programs. The purpose of the role is to facilitate the translation of research data and quality improvement programs into clinical practice and improvement of patient care. The duties include assisting with drafting and reviewing documentation and publications, project coordination and liaison with project teams, as well as presentation to external stakeholders and conference participation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within an internationally recognised research organisation involved in the analysis and dissemination of real-life research from large-scale observational studies and pragmatic randomised controlled trials.
This role can be based in our UK (Cambridge or Norfolk), Singapore or Brisbane offices on a full or part time basis. For highly experienced individuals international remote working will be considered.
- To contribute to medical quality improvement programs
- To continually assess the benefit of our quality improvement programs to patients, and tailor the programs to maximise their real-life application in a clinical setting
- Review and contribute to scientific documents and publications (including proposals and reports)
- Review and complete presentations, abstracts and posters
- Communication and liaison with internal team across various global locations
- Liaison with study sponsors and steering committee experts
- Presentations and calls with external stakeholders
- Participation and presentations at international medical / scientific conferences
- Clinical background required, ideally a qualified medic. A post-graduate degree in Biological Sciences or respiratory nursing background would also be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Clinical experience or scientific study in the field of respiratory medicine is an advantage
Experience and Key Skills
- Medical training and clinical background, with an interest in research and scientific studies
- Experience of health research projects
- Experience in scientific writing, publication of peer-review journal publications preferred
- Client relations, liaising with external parties internationally, strong leadership and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Contract and Salary
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Immediate start is available.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to email@example.com. Candidates will be required to undertake a remote skills test prior to interview.
We look forward to hearing from you.