Asthma Clinical Review Service
We can help general practitioners to review the management of their patients with moderate to severe asthma combining extracted coded data from de-identified patient electronic medical records and questionnaire data we help GP practices better align current processes with best practice guidelines on asthma management and the asthma cycle of care.
Optimum Patient Care Australia (OPCA) is committed to the care and improvement of the quality of life of people suffering from respiratory diseases including asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
As part of the continued improvement in the health of patients, we research, develop and deliver new innovative clinical audit tools that can better support primary care physicians and remove the administrative burden of a clinical audit.
We are an innovative social enterprise with a strong focus on respiratory diseases and other chronic conditions including COPD, Heart Disease, Osteoporosis and Diabetes.
Our team of researchers and data experts have developed several algorithms that allow us to better understand patient outcomes, harness learnings and deliver valuable insights and
efficiencies to primary care providers.
Our Clinical Audit program ACAER (Achieving Clinical Audits with Electronic Records) allows general practitioners to review the management of patients with moderate to severe asthma.
We review patients’ electronic medical records, patient-reported outcomes through our high-risk questionnaire and the overall documentation process during our audit.
We can help practices to align their processes with national best practice guidelines on asthma management and the asthma cycle of care.
Benefits to Your Practice
- Epidemiological summary report tailored for your practice as well as patient-level reports
- Easily identify non-adherent patients (questionnaire)
- Create specific plans to reduce unscheduled care and de-escalate treatment.
Benefits to GPs
- High-risk patients are identified that could otherwise remain hidden to the GP
- 40 CPD Points can be used for annual appraisals and re-accreditation
- Education directly reflecting your own patient
- Opportunity to participate in research
Benefits for Patients
- Earlier intervention for potentially undiagnosed patients leading to improved care
- Patient self-management plans to better control and treat the disease and help monitor symptoms
- Health benefits through discontinuation of inappropriate treatments
Clinical Review Tools
Our team provides a variety of tools and services that can be used by practices as part of quality improvement initiatives. These include;
- Patient questionnaires that supplement patients medical records and inform GPs about how asthma impacts their patients. Conveniently completed at the patient’s leisure, there is no requirement for them to visit the practice to update the GP on new developments.
- Bespoke tailored practice and patient-level reports streamline diagnostic and care processes aligning with best practice guidelines.
- Referral and shared care pathways through our extensive network promotes improved communication and collaborations.