Mastering Patient Care: Allergy and Asthma 2019 – Pullman Sydney Hyde Park
OPC Australia brought together a panel of world leaders in asthma and allergy management for this highly engaging and hands-on clinical skills education event worth 40CPD points, held at Pullman Sydney Hyde Park on the 31st of August.
See what our attendees had to say about their experience:
Key changes doctors plan on making to their practice:
“I gained more understanding of asthma management. This will strengthen my overall skill in managing asthma in kids and adults. I will also encourage my nursing staff and doctors to use more action plans for asthma, anaphylaxis, rhinitis etc.”
“I learnt that myself and my nurse staff need to become more familiar with the large variety of inhaler devices so they can check patient techniques accurately.”
“I have developed a better approach to history in children that present with symptoms of wheeze and therefore categorize them with mild, moderate, severe and intermittent or persistent”
“I will be much more discerning with prescribing steriods given the risk of osteoporosis assocated with steriods”
“I need to review my treatment of anaphylaxis and look at how to use the new biological monoclonal antibodies.”
- The essential toolkit for children with asthma
- Lessons from thunderstorm asthma
- Anaphylaxis management & prevention
- Non-allergic & allergic upper airways disease management
- Panel Discussion 1: When to draw the line. When to refer patients with asthma and allergy. Who really has severe asthma?
- Panel Discussion 2: What do we mean by Allergy in the era of biologics? With a focus on dermatology, rhinitis and respiratory
- Workshop 1: Skin Prick Test
- Workshop 2: FeNo
- Workshop 3: Spirometry
- Workshop 4: Devices. Lessons from CRITIKAL. Practical ‘hands on’ with devices
- Group Activity: Case Study
Local and International Experts
Thank you to our panel of international and local experts who presented the latest research relating to the diagnosis, management and treatment of asthma, allergic rhinitis and associated conditions including food allergies, anaphylaxis and thunderstorm asthma.